Table for 2 is a celebration on culinary excellence, hospitality, entertainment, and traveling throughout the local region and national area. Guests from restaurants, hotels, and locations from all over the world will be featured.
The purpose of the show is to advise the listener where to find good food and lodging.
Joe Massaglia had no choice but to wind up in the restaurant business. After growing up in the family trattoria, in the Piedmont region on Italy, Joe’s culinary voyage then took him from the finest hotel companies in Europe to working aboard specifically the “Love Boat.”, where in 1975 he met his future wife. Massaglia then settled in the States and became the GM of the Oregon Hill ski resort in Pennsylvania, followed by the maître d’hotel at the Ballietsville Inn in Allentown, Pa. Shortly thereafter he was selected by Peter VanStark,”The King of the Rennaisance Restaurant Era Philadelphia.” to manage La Panetière. Next, Joe came to Atlantic City to manage for Steve Wynn the
Victoria Restaurant at the former Golden Nugget. From there he moved to the Trump organization to manage the Baron Hilton Steak House at the Trump Marina. For the past 27 years, Joe has owned several pizzerias and restaurant and currently operating Mama Mia’s operation in Seaville. Joe is one of South Jersey well known and respected community leaders including the following:
• Founder of the Food and Music Gala
• Member of the American Heart Association
• Member of the ACF
• One of the founder and Vice-President of the South Jersey Epicurean Society
• Community Chairman of the ACC Restaurant Gala
Some of Joe’s exciting life adventures:
• Pleasure to meet and serve “The Duke”, John Wayne and Charleston Heston
• Had a part in a 1976 movie, Winter Kills with Jeff Bridges, John Huston and Anthony Perkins
• Cooked for the Chairman of the Board , Frank Sinatra and many more star and singers
• Distributed his own Olare Stone Cooking device and Cape May Spice